5 Decor Elements That Give Your Hallway Character
After being greeted by the outside of your home or apartment, your entryway is the second most important impression you can give. It tells your guests that you're a warm and fuzzy kind of person; happy or depressed; neat freak or that you're just smart and got it together. It tells them to relax, you're in safe, friendly territory here.
What do you think these entryways say about who lives there?
Here's 4 ways to make your entryway inviting:
1. Add dramatic wall colors or patterns or wainscot
2. Add a surprise with the unexpected
3. Add a striking area rug or floor runner (Even a plain one can be painted or stenciled.)
4. Warm up the ambiance with lighting that makes everyone look beautiful when they face the mirror.
Is it Christmas yet!! Well, this lighting would be cool anytime of the year:
Did you notice the many types of accessories and practical furnishings you can put in your entryway? Yes, some of the examples certainly have the space. Don't let that deter you, just scale down (or upscale) to space you do have.
5. Here's a short list of functional accessories that can give your hallway more character:
- A single picture or gallery of pictures or family portraits
- Mirrors, plats and wall writings
- Tables, chests, benches and chairs
- keys in an attractive box
When your entryway says "Hello Honey, You're Home," it's a warm greeting and you get that feel good feeling all over your body!
Wondering about my entryway? It says, Shirley, please unpack that large mirror, change out the lighting and get a new rug or paint the old one! Gotta' go folks, my entryway is calling to me!